|Iowa Correctional Institution for Women
420 Mill Street SW
Mitchellville, IA 50169
Phone: (515) 725-5042 Fax: (515) 725-5015
Iowa Correctional Institution for Women Mission:
As role models, we empower women to change their lives and return to the community as healthier productive citizens
Iowa Correctional Institution for Women Vision:
We strive to inspire people to reach their full potential in life by modeling the way.
Iowa Correctional Institution for Women Values and Beliefs:
Humor and the ability to laugh as we face challenges together are fundamental in creating a positive environment. Diversity is embraced; other cultures and points of view enhance the environment. Empathy is a key factor in the ability to foster growth in people. We inspire confidence in colleagues, offenders, and partners by always acting with integrity, fairness, respect and reliability.
- ICIW provides educational and vocational services to offenders including Adult Basic Education, special education for eligible individuals, G.E.D., and high school diploma certification.
- Internal work assignments and vocational training courses provide vocational training opportunities.
- Iowa Prison Industries also provides on-site vocational training.
- The institution emphasizes responsibility and accountability in preparing women offenders for successful Re-Entry to the community.
- Programs offered focus on interpersonal relationships, domestic violence, career assessment and exploration, self-esteem, parenting, independent living, decision-making skills , victim impact, thinking patterns, and health education.
- A substance abuse prevention, assessment, and referral program is licensed by the Iowa Department of Public Health.
- The facility also houses an in-patient substance abuse treatment program.